11 minutes ago
Welcome to Career Funda!
An acquaintance of mine had a teenage boy who suddenly became very angry for a few months. Whatever the parents say, he gets angry. Once he left the house in anger. Have you also seen this kind of situation in or around your family?
Why does it happen that till the age of 13 or 14, the apple of the eyes of the parents, the child who used to obey them suddenly becomes a revolutionary? His cute pranks turn into anger and arguments, he doesn’t like the company of his parents, he doesn’t like to hang out with them, even the direct truthful questions asked by the parents seem to be inhibited by him, They don’t like the opinion given and they are ready to do anything in the world other than doing what their parents tell them!
3 big reasons
1) Here we are Sikandar: Independent Identity
Teenage rebellion is a timeless story, although its forms have varied.
The next generation is different from the previous generation in many ways. This is also called generation gap. As children enter adolescence, they are also gradually relinquishing their independence to their parents, which is a necessary step in their development into an adult. Independent identity is a link in this process. Now that the adolescent is striving for his own independent identity and the parents are trying to use their influence on him, or independent identity If you try to suppress them, they will feel bad.
This is the reason why an overprotective or simply concerned mother in front of friends also feels like an embarrassment to the children. Well, the teenage children do not involve the father that much. Some parents try to curb teenage rebellion to maintain their authority and some distance themselves from children, both of which are not right. In the first way, where the dissatisfaction among the teenagers increases, in the second, the distances. The need is to create positive communication by understanding the world of teenagers.
2) Pehla Nasha, Pehla Khumaar: Hormonal changes
This is also the time when there are hormonal changes in the baby which definitely affect the behavior of the baby.
In aspiring to celebrity role models, girls motivate themselves to be thinner and boys to be more muscular. So girls can demand to go to health club and beauty parlor and boys to join gym. Both may feel pressure to wear newer, more fashionable clothes.
Parents should take this seriously and even if you do not fulfill these demands, never make fun of them or preach on this. Negative feelings of not looking good enough usually cause teens to question their beauty and self-doubt.
Father understand that male hormone testosterone With the release of Aapka Betaa, it is definitely not going to be the same as it was before its release. same thing in teenagers True due to the release of the female hormone estrogen, The poor children themselves have no idea that their world has changed. For this reason, due to the mood swings of the children, their changed behavior on small matters sometimes disturbs the parents.
3) Some Secret, Some Special: The Need for Privacy
Adolescents often demand separation from parents, they may ask for a separate room in the house, prefer to be alone at home instead of going to family functions or family outings.
This solitude allows teens to experiment with their time autonomously, take time for introspection, regulate their moods, and develop their identity.
A parent’s refusal to allow a party is seen by adolescents as a lack of trust, and parents’ checking of homework as a challenge to their maturity. Similarly, when teenagers hear questions from parents, they develop self-doubt (a feeling of inferiority), which is why they react angrily.
How should parents handle this situation? 4 useful tips
1) Let Privacy Maintain: If possible, fulfill the privacy related needs of the children, like if they are demanding a separate room in the house, then give it, if it is not possible to do so, then calmly explain the compulsion of not being able to do so with reasons.
2) Build a relationship of trust: It is said symbolically for the parents that when the father’s shoe starts coming to the child, then he should start treating him like a friend. Speak less in conversation with children, listen to them more.
3) Share your expectations with the children: When children know your values, family rules and the consequences for breaking them, they are more likely to build healthy relationships. That’s why share this with your children that what and what are your expectations as parents?
4) Appreciate their actions, adopt their choices: Appreciate their work when they do something well. It is not necessary that all the choices of the child will be wrong, test them according to your experience and if found correct, then not only adopt them, but also give credit to the child.
I hope the given suggestions will be useful for you.
Today’s career funda is that parents can build a healthy relationship with teenagers by understanding their world.
Will do and show!
The Career Funda column continuously tells you the mantras of success. If you want to know the most important tips to stay ahead in life, then you must also read this career funda…