6 minutes ago
Welcome to Career Funda! Today we will tell you the way to increase your professional value, and make students better their future life.
‘The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn new things and forget what they have learned and learn new things again’
– Alvin Toffler
When futurologist Alvin Toffler said this in the 1990s, he was able to see the role that daily skill building attitudes would play for professionals and students in the world to come.
Basis of Life – New Skills
Why is there a need to constantly learn new skills?
the answer is
1) This is a basic part of your development
2) New skills are the regular demand of the market
3) Prerequisite to survive in a competitive environment
4) way to increase your productivity
5) The formula to increase your self-confidence and self-worth is
Corona pandemic gave a big lesson
corona virus crisis and then now remote working trend Is. Remote working, which was earlier considered only a fashion, has now become a compulsory condition. For this, you must be able to make the best use of basic technological equipment (laptop, tablet) as well as provide daily output with discipline and self-control. First external skills is (using technology) and other internal skills (self-discipline etc.).
Whether you are a professional or a student, focus on these four skills, and invest the time
1) Problem Solving Skills: These include analytical thought process, logic, creativity, innovation and complex problem solving; The ability to apply what is learned in real life, the ability to ask questions, think out-of-the-box – these are things that are unfortunately not being taught in our school or college. You develop these skills consciously. Will be of great benefit.
2) Self-Management Skills: It is important to understand your strengths and gradually eliminate the weaknesses. It is very important to manage yourself before managing others. to speak concrete (i) Active learning of English, Maths, Science, Social Studies, Computer Science and self-reliance in learning, (ii) Flexibility, (iii) stress resilience (not broken by stress), (iv) creativity and (v) Innovation is included.
3) Leadership and Social Skills: This includes the skills to connect with your team. Better communication – speaking, listening, writing, discussing intelligently, being proficient in a foreign language can be very useful. Inter-personal skills, understanding of culture, society and environment, cross-cultural, cross-functional and trans-disciplinary skills, emotional intelligence are also part of this.
4) Technological Skills: Knowledge of basic technology is essential for everyone. This includes understanding of using online portals, data handling skills, making presentations using online resources, taking best knowledge from mobile apps, etc. as well as in Information and Media Literacy, Computing Literacy And digital literacy Are included. Talking about jobs, the demand for digital skills like e-commerce, cyber security specialist, data analyst, machine learning analyst is expected to increase.
After 2010, the world has completely changed with the advent of Google, Wikipedia, YouTube, Smart-phones, new apps. now knowledge available to all and one can get it easily than before.
Example of ‘javelin throw’ athlete Julius Yego from Kenya (Africa) Good who is famous as ‘Mr YouTube’ because he learned to throw by watching YouTube videos of javelin throw athletes. Yego is the African record and Commonwealth record holder with a personal best of 92.72m. He won the silver medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Access to knowledge was a challenge for most people in the world before, but not now. So change your mindset, cross learning limits and learn new things daily. Only one person can stop you from moving forward – you.
That’s why corporates say ‘We Recruit for Attitude and We Train for Aptitude’.
So today’s career fundament is – ‘Keep on developing your internal and external skills daily, and grow your market value and self-confidence.’
will show tax
Also read in Career Funda