Babri Masjid Demolition Case Verdict: Journalist Kurban Ali Ashfaq Manoj Chabda Eyewitness Report From Ayodhya-All You Need To Know | There was a flood of karsevaks in Ayodhya on 6 December 1992; Someone had to remain hostage in the temple for four hours, then someone broke the cameras

  • Hindi news
  • Local
  • Uttar pradesh
  • Babri Masjid Demolition Case Verdict: Journalist Kurban Ali Ashfaq Manoj Chabda Eyewitness Report From Ayodhya All You Need To Know

Lucknow11 hours ago

  • Copy link

The disputed structure in Ayodhya, which was demolished on 6 December 1992.

  • Journalists Kurban Ali, photo journalists Ashfaq and Manoj Chhabra shared memoirs from Dainik Bhaskar
  • Speak- Under the planning, there were attacks on photographers and journalists, smoke was seen from every side in Ayodhya.
  • All the 32 accused including Advani were acquitted in the court verdict today after 28 years in the Babri demolition case.

The day of 6 December 1992 was chosen by VHP and BJP for Karseva. Millions of kar sevaks were arriving in Ayodhya a day or two ago. Hundreds of journalists from India and abroad were also reaching for coverage of the case. Arrangements were made for journalists at the Manas Bhavan while the gathering was going on at Ramkatha Kunj Park, where many big leaders like LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, Ashok Singhal were present. On seeing from Manas Bhavan it seemed that there was a flood of people. The whole atmosphere was echoing with slogans of Jai Shri Ram. We are going to tell you by the words of three journalists that what happened in Ayodhya on 6 December 1992?

Qurban Ali.

Qurban Ali.

People were upset with the BBC, thank God that my name was not asked

Leaders and Karsevaks had already reached Ayodhya. People were seen wearing saffron everywhere and chanting the slogan of Jai Shri Ram. On 6 December, local journalists, talking to the same kar sevaks, also printed the news in the newspaper that today Babri Masjid will be broken.

Kurban Ali, who worked for BBC Urdu and Sunday Guardian at the time, says that “most journalists stayed at the hotel in Shane-Awadh in Faizabad. I and the BBC’s Mark Tully arrived at Manas Bhawan at around 10:30 and saw it at about half past We wanted to report if the first dome was dropped between 11 and 12. Since the PCO was the only means at that time, we would have had to go 12 km to Faizabad. We left from there. Between 2 and 2 o’clock When we thought of returning, we took the Central Forces together, but they were stopped at the railway crossing between Ayodhya Faizabad. “

“At the same time Vinod Shukla, a famous journalist, got out of the car with his wife. We walked with him and reached the area behind the Babri Masjid via Cantt, but the Karsevaks surrounded us there. Those people were upset with the BBC and Mark Tolley Seeing this, they all started beating us. It seemed that today is the last day. Thank God they did not ask my name. “

“However, these people imprisoned us all in a temple and boys were put on watch to look after us. There was a local journalist Saras with us, he somehow left, then he came with a monk after a long time when we We were able to get out. Then returned to Faizabad in PAC vehicles. By then the Babri Masjid had been demolished. The debris along with the Babri Masjid had also been removed. “



The crowd was only targeting journalists and camera persons, they were afraid that there would be no evidence left
For 6 December 1992, the VHP was creating an atmosphere for the last 5 to 6 days. In such a situation, some photo journalists of the newspaper used to arrive from Lucknow for daily cover. Photo journalist Ashfaq was also involved in them. Ashfaq explains that “Most journalists had arrived to cover the Manas Bhawan carseva. We also arrived there. I was a photographer, I had to go to the crowd. I also had a press card and an invitation card from the VHP. Hanging around, I And some of my colleagues got into the crowd, but photographing in the crowd of millions was also a big task. Somehow we started taking photos. “

“At around 11:30, the first dome was broken by kar sevaks, we started pulling it. But, since then the crowd started targeting journalists. Till we could get some sense of anger and slogan of Jai Shri Ram The crowds were surrounded by crowds. Leaders from the crowd were constantly urging leaders like Advani-Joshi to exercise restraint, but they did not mind. The crowd surrounded us and hit us a lot. Those who escaped ran falling somehow. “

“I felt that today is the last day of my life. My camera was broken. Also my head was torn. There was a deep wound on my arm. But, some people had humanity alive. Some of those people had my Saved lives. The killers were also kar sevaks and the rescuers were also kar sevaks. Somehow we were taken by ambulance to Faizabad Hospital. Later a burnt bag was found from the spot, with some photographs taken during the incident also safe. “

Manoj Chhabra

Manoj Chhabra

If you climbed on a police car to save your life, the young man said, I will also get you killed

Photo Journalist Manoj Chhabra, associated with the Times Group, explains- “When we reached Ayodhya, first we went to Ramkatha Kunj Park. There we took some nice pictures. We climbed to the dais where Ashok Singhal, Uma Bharti, LK Advani were seated. Different The speech of the leaders was going on. In between, people were shouting Jai Shri Ram. We decided that if we go from the front of the Babri Masjid and do a photo from there, it will be better. We covered a distance of about 200 meters in front. When we arrived, the crowd was hysterical. About 12 or 13 people climbed the first dome, then there were 3 to 4 people in the second dome and 2 to 3 people on the third dome. Karsevak suddenly started rising. “

“The PAC jawans started pushing him down with the bat, he grew more rapidly. Later the PAC also retreated. I got caught in the same crowd. We were taking photos and suddenly he became aggressive. He considered me a BBC photographer and I grabbed both my hands from behind. I kept shouting that I am from Navbharat Times. But, they did not listen. I was just thinking that even if the camera breaks, the roll survives. Those people thoughtlessly kicked me. Were. “

“A foreign cameraman was bleeding from his neck, I was also afraid that somehow he got rid of the body and climbed on the police car, then the policeman shouted get us dead too. We pleaded but, he did not agree. Karsevaks started hitting us again. Looking at the sky, only the cameras were being blown up or they were being trampled to the ground. Somehow they got away and then ran for about 1 km. Some companions got ahead The consolation. I think the attack on the reporter and photographer was preplanned. However, we were returning to Lucknow, but leaving Ayodhya, fire and smoke were also seen. “


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.