Troubled with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
MumbaiA minute ago
- Copy link
BCCI President Sourav Ganguly
The Indian cricket team is one of the strongest teams of recent times. The victory in the Test series without captain Kohli in Australia is a great example of this. World champions England lost in all three formats on their tour to India. According to BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, the team is consistently doing well for five reasons. He said, ‘The system is strong because of domestic cricket, NCA and coaches. IPL is also the reason behind this. There is transparency in selection. Only the best players are selected. The four-day match and T20 are different. IPL gives you confidence that you can play at any level. The team will travel to England next month. Where the team has to play a Test series against England after the final of the Test Championship from New Zealand. India won the Test series in England for the last time in 2007.
Transparency in team selection, appoints world-class coach for every age group team
1. Domestic Cricket: The player plays around 30 matches including first class and limited overs. Ranji has given players like Mayank, Siraj, Shardul to the Indian team. Pujara, Rahul and Rahane also play home matches, which gives better competition.
2. NCA: Bangalore-based NCA is working closely with MRF Pace Academy. Which is helping fast bowlers like Saini, Siraj, Khalil. Dravid is its chief. All the young players in the team owe their performance to Dravid.
3. World class coach: The board has appointed world-class coaches for each age-group team. Dravid was the Under-19 and India A coach till some time back. There are also international coaches at the state level like Dave Whitmore of Australia is the coach.
4. IPL: IPL franchises bring domestic and new players through Scout. Young players get to spend a long time with veteran players. Samson, Hardik, Krunal, Bumrah, Suryakumar and Ishaan are IPL searches.
5. Team Selection: India has a large talent pool. Two bilateral series at one time are the biggest examples of this. The team has 3-4 contenders for each place. 24 players are going on tour to England. Despite this, there are several big contenders for the Sri Lanka tour.