Bhaskar Poll on IPL: 71% of fans do not want Pakistani players to be given a chance in the league; Last played 12 players in 2008


Troubled with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads

5 minutes ago

  • Copy link

Almost all the big cricketing country players are playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Pakistan players are currently banned from playing in the league. On this, Bhaskar also conducted a survey on social media platforms. In this, 70.9% of the fans believe that Pakistani players should not be given a chance in the IPL. At the same time, only 29.1% of the fans feel that cricket should be kept away from Indo-Pak tension and players from neighboring countries should be given a chance in the league.

Pakistan players got their first and last chance in the first season of 2008. Then 12 Pakistani players played in the IPL. After the terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan team in 2009 and the 26/11 incident, it was decided that no Pakistani cricketer will play in the IPL.

Pakistani players got chance in 5 teams in 2008
The first season of IPL was played in 2008 with 8 teams. A total of 12 Pakistani cricketers from the 5 teams then played the tournament for the first and last time. Then Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) and Mumbai Indians (MI) were the only teams that did not include any Pakistani cricketer. Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) played the highest number of 4 Pakistani cricketers.

Rajasthan Royals (RR) got 3, while Delhi Daredevils (DD) and Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) got 2-2 players. Hyderabad-based Deccan Chargers (DC) alone included Shahid Afridi.

Sohail Tanvir made a record
In the very first season of IPL, Pakistan fast bowler Sohail Tanvir set a record for taking 6 wickets in a match. He played for Rajasthan. Tanveer took 6 wickets for 14 runs in 4 overs against Chennai. His record was broken in the 11th year by West Indies bowler Aljari Joseph. Joseph played for Mumbai, taking 6 wickets for 12 runs in 3.4 overs against Hyderabad.

Mega auction will be held next year with the addition of 2 new teams
2 new teams will join the 2022 IPL. Then there will be a total of 10 teams in the tournament. In such a situation, there will be a mega auction next year. The last mega auction took place in 2018, as the Chennai and Rajasthan teams came back into the league after facing a two-year ban. In this mega auction, 8 teams had bid for 182 slots to select 578 players from 13 countries.

The last series between India and Pakistan was in 2012.
The last time a bilateral series between the two teams took place in 2012-13, the Pakistan team visited India. The T20 series was a 1–1 draw, while the one-day series was won by Pakistan 2–1.

Teams playing each other in ICC tournament itself
India-Pakistan have not faced each other in the Test series since the 2007–08 season. However, both teams have been playing against each other in ICC tournaments. The last T20 match between the two took place on 19 March 2016. Then India defeated Pakistan by 6 wickets in this match of ICC T20 World Cup.

Played 5 ODIs since 2017
Since 2017, India has played only 5 ODIs against Pakistan. All these matches were part of ICC tournaments. In this, 2 matches were played in 2017 Champions Trophy, 2 matches 2018 Asia Cup and 1 match 2019 World Cup.

There are more news …

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.