Boris Johnson’s India Visit Next Week Cancelled Due To COVID-19


British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has cancelled his April 25 visit to India due to current coronavirus situation, his office announced today.

“In view of the prevailing current coronavirus situation, Prime Minister Boris Johnson will not be able to travel to India next week. Instead, Prime Ministers Modi and Johnson will speak later this month to agree and launch their ambitious plans for the future partnership between the UK and India. They will remain in regular contact beyond this, and look forward to meeting in person later this year,” a statement issued by Downing Street said.

The Ministry of External Affairs said that the two sides will be holding a virtual meeting in the coming days to launch plans for a transformed India-UK relationship, reported ANI.

The visit, previously postponed from a Republic Day tour in January, was supposed to be the first major bilateral visit by Britain’s PM outside Europe since the UK general election in December 2019 and the conclusion of the Brexit transition period at the end of December 2020.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.