- hindi news
- Foreign Minister Will Attend The 7th Edition Of The Indian Ocean Conference, Number Of Voters In India Reaches 97 Crores
It was announced to give Bharat Ratna to Narasimha Rao, Chaudhary Charan Singh and M. Swaminathan. The number of voters in India was approximately 97 crores. At the same time, the Foreign Minister will attend the 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Conference.
Let us have a look at such major current affairs of today, which are important for the students preparing for government jobs…
1. Bharat Ratna to Narasimha Rao, Chaudhary Charan Singh and Swaminathan: The Central Government today, on February 9, P.V. Narasimha Rao, Chaudhary Charan Singh and M.S. It has been announced to give Bharat Ratna (posthumously) to Swaminathan.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared the information about giving the country's highest civilian honor to the three personalities along with their photographs on social media.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was the fifth and Narasimha Rao the ninth Prime Minister of the country.
- At the same time, agricultural scientist Swaminathan is called the father of Green Revolution.
- Earlier, on February 3, it was announced to give Bharat Ratna to senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani and on January 23, it was announced to give Bharat Ratna to former Bihar CM Karpoori Thakur (posthumously).
- This is the 10th Bharat Ratna awarded by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government since it assumed power in 2014.
- Bharat Ratna is the country's highest civilian award.
- It was established in the year 1954.
- It is awarded to people for their exceptional public service and the highest level of performance in any field such as literature, science and arts.
- Till now, 48 people have been awarded Bharat Ratna in India.
2. The number of voters in India is approximately 97 crores: This year approximately 97 crore Indians will be eligible to vote in the Lok Sabha elections. In fact, on February 9, the Election Commission released the Special Summary Revision 2024 Report (SSR Report) related to the voters of all 28 states and 8 union territories.
There has been an increase of 6% in registered voters since the last Lok Sabha elections 2019. 96.88 crore voters are registered to vote for the upcoming general elections.
- The SSR report also said that more than 2 crore young voters aged 18 to 29 years have been added to the voter list.
- Names of 1 crore 65 lakh 76 thousand 654 deceased, shifted to some other place and duplicate voters have been removed from the voter list.
- This includes 67 lakh 82 thousand 642 dead voters, 75 lakh 11 thousand 128 absent voters and 22 lakh 5 thousand 685 duplicate voters.
- Names of more than 2.63 crore new voters have been added to the voter list. Out of which about 1.41 crore are women voters.
- Their number is 15% more than the registered male voters (1.22 crore).
- About 88.35 lakh disabled voters are registered in the voter database.
- The poll panel said the gender ratio is expected to increase from 940 in 2023 to 948 in 2024.
- 10.64 lakh youth above 17 years of age have applied to get their names added to the voting list. These include youth who completed the age of 18 on three dates: 1 April, 1 July and 1 October.
- The Election Commission has also completed the revision of voter lists in Jammu and Kashmir and Assam after delimitation of constituencies.
3. Foreign Minister will attend the 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Conference: India is participating in the 'Indian Ocean Conference' to be held in Australia from 9 to 10 February 2024. This is the 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Conference and India will be represented by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar.
This is the 7th edition of this conference to be held in Perth, Australia.
- The theme of the 7th Indian Ocean Conference is “Towards a Stable and Sustainable Indian Ocean”.
- The Indian Ocean Conference is a major consultative forum of Indian Ocean countries to discuss possibilities for regional cooperation for Security And Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR).
- It is organized by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- It is organized every year through the India Foundation of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.
- The conference will also include delegations led by ministers from more than 22 countries and senior officials from 16 countries and 6 multilateral organizations.
- The first edition of the Indian Ocean Conference was held in Singapore in the year 2016, in which 30 countries participated.
- Its 6th edition was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh in the year 2023.
- The capital of Australia is Canberra and the currency is the Australian dollar.
- The current Prime Minister here is Anthony Albanese.
4. Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium will be renamed as Niranjan Shah Stadium: On February 14, 2024, the Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) Stadium located in Rajkot, Gujarat will be renamed as Niranjan Shah Stadium. The third Test match between India and England is going to be played in this stadium on 15 February. The name of the stadium will be changed even before this.
The first international match at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium was played in January 2013. Now after 11 years, the new name of this stadium will be unveiled.
- Current BCCI Secretary Jay Shah will inaugurate the new name of the stadium on February 14, on the eve of the third India-England Test.
- 79-year-old Niranjan Shah is currently the Honorary Secretary of Saurashtra Cricket Association.
- Apart from this, he has also been a cricket player. He played 12 first-class matches for Saurashtra from the mid-1960s to the mid-1970s.
- Niranjan Shah was the Secretary of BCCI four times. Became the Vice President of BCCI from West Zone. Niranjan Shah has also been the Vice President of IPL.
- Niranjan Shah is credited with the progress of the Saurashtra region in cricket.
- Due to his efforts, Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot got the status of Test stadium.
5. Naveen Tahiliani becomes the new CEO and MD of Tata Digital: Naveen Tahilyani has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Tata Digital on January 7. Tata Digital is a subsidiary of Tata Sons.
Naveen Tahilyani will assume his new responsibilities as CEO and MD from February 19.
- Tahilyani is currently the CEO and MD of Tata AIA Life Insurance.
- He replaces Prateek Pal, who played a key role in the launch of the company's super app Tata New.
- Following Tahilyani's move to Tata Digital, Venkatachalam H. was promoted internally and made CEO of Tata AIA Life Insurance Company.
- Tata Digital Pvt. Ltd. was established in March 2019.
- Tata Sons Private Limited was established in 1917 as a trading enterprise, primarily engaged in the tea and opium trade with Mongolia and China.
- About 66% of Tata Sons' equity capital is held by philanthropic trusts run by members of the Tata family.
- The two largest trusts among these are Sir Dorabji Tata Trust and Sir Ratan Tata Trust.
History of 9 February:
On this day in 2013, Afzal Guru was hanged. Afzal Guru was the main mastermind of the Parliament attack on 13 December 2001. Along with Afzal, Afshan Guru, SAR Geelani and Shaukat Hussain were also arrested in this attack. While Geelani and Afshan were later acquitted, Shaukat's death sentence was commuted to 10 years' imprisonment. Five Delhi Police personnel, a woman security guard of CRPF, two Rajya Sabha employees and a gardener were martyred in the attack on Parliament.
- 1788 – Austria declared war against Russia.
- 1931 – For the first time in India, a postage stamp with a portrait was issued in honor of a person.
- 1979- The constitution was changed in the African country Nigeria.
- 2008- Renowned social worker and god of the downtrodden Baba Amte passed away.
There is more news…