- hindi news
- Sikkim Becomes The First North East State To Implement The Old Pension Scheme; PM Will Attend The World Government Summit 2024
Prime Minister Modi will attend the World Government Summit 2024. National Anti-Doping Agency organized Anti-Doping Conference in Delhi. At the same time, Sikkim became the first state in the North-East to restore the old pension system.
Let us have a look at such major current affairs of today, which are important for the students preparing for government jobs…
1. PM Modi will attend the World Government Summit 2024: World Government Summit 2024 will be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 12 to 14 February. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the summit on February 14.
This is the 11th edition of the World Government Summit.
- India, Turkey and Qatar have been declared guest countries in this summit.
- The high-level delegation from the three guest countries will be led by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Qatar's Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdul Rahman bin Jassim Al Thani and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
- The theme of the World Government Summit 2024 has been decided as 'Shaping Future Governments'.
- In this, enriching dialogue sessions will be organized with governments, international organizations, thought leaders and global leaders from different countries.
- It will include more than 25 heads of government and heads of state.
- Additionally, this year's summit will be attended by over 4,000 delegates from the public and private sectors.
- Its purpose is to promote international cooperation and assist governments in identifying innovative solutions to future challenges.
- The World Government Summit is a global knowledge exchange platform for governments.
- It was established in 2013 under the leadership of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
- Apart from this, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will also attend the World Government Summit (WGS) 2024 in Dubai on February 14.
- Shah Rukh will be center stage at a discussion titled 'The Making of a Star: A Conversation with Shah Rukh Khan' at Madinat Jumeirah.
2. National Anti-Doping Agency organized anti-doping conference: The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) organized the conference “Road to Paris 2024: Championing Clean Sports and Uniting for Anti-Doping” today i.e. on 10th February in New Delhi.
The event was organized at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- On this occasion, Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur virtually inaugurated the 'Centre of Excellence in Nutritious Food Testing (CoE-NSTS)' at the prestigious National Forensic Science University (NFSU) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The event is serving as an important platform for stakeholders from the sports community to deliberate and strategize on important anti-doping initiatives ahead of the Paris Olympics 2024.
- The conference launched a comprehensive publication, “Facts and Facts about Nutritious Diet” on the occasion.
- It aims to provide athletes with valuable information into nutritional standards and safety measures designed to support their well-being.
- NADA unveils “The Paris Pinnacle: NADA’s Guide to Ethical Sporting”, a best-in-class resource providing comprehensive guidance to athletes preparing for the Paris Olympics 2024.
- This guide serves as a guideline for athletes, empowering them to compete ethically and maintain the principles of fair play.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) is a national organization responsible for promoting, coordinating and monitoring doping control programs in all forms of sports.
- It is a non-profit organization and was formed on November 24, 2005.
- Its chairman is the Sports Minister.
3. Musician Pyarelal Sharma received Lakshminarayan International Award: Renowned musician Pyarelal Sharma was honored with the Lakshminarayan International Award on 8 February. Pyarelal Sharma received this award from L. Subramaniam and poetry given by Krishnamurthy Subramaniam.
Composer Pyarelal Sharma is one of the most successful composers of Hindi cinema in his career spanning over eight decades.
- Dr. L. Subramaniam started the Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival (LGMF) in 1992 in memory of his father and mentor Professor V. Lakshminarayana. Its aim is to honor some of the best artists in the world.
- Earlier on the occasion of the 75th Republic Day, Pyarelal was announced to be awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award.
- Laxmikant Kudalkar and Pyarelal Sharma started their career as music composers in the year 1963 with the film 'Parasmani'.
- One year later, he made his mark with the success of the film 'Dosti'. The composer duo composed music for many iconic films and created history by providing music for more than 35 years.
4. President inaugurates Amrit Mahotsav of Diversity: President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the 4-day cultural festival 'Amrit Mahotsav of Diversity' at Amrit Udyan (Rashtrapati Bhavan), New Delhi on February 8, 2024. This 4-day program will run from February 8 to 11, 2024.
The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region is organizing the event in partnership with the Ministry of Culture.
- The festival is designed to showcase the rich diversity of North East India through a blend of traditional arts, crafts and cultures.
- The Mahotsav is being participated by over 320 weavers, artisans, farmers and entrepreneurs through eight dedicated stalls for each state of the North Eastern region.
- Additionally, more than 350 artistes from all eight states of the North Eastern region will perform local traditional dances throughout the four days of the festival.
- The North-Eastern region, which includes the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
- North-Eastern Region Development, Culture and Tourism Minister G. Kishan Reddy.
STATE IN NEWS
5. Sikkim became the first state in the North-East to restore the old pension system: On Friday, February 9, Sikkim State Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang-Gole also announced the restoration of the old pension scheme. Now pension will be given under the old pension scheme for state government employees appointed on or after April 1, 2006.
This announcement was made during the state level temporary employees conference held at Public Ground Rangpo on February 9.
- As per Sikkim Service Pension Rules, 1990, employees appointed on or before March 31, 1990 will get this benefit.
- Additionally, Sikkim has regularized temporary employees who have completed 4 years of service with the state government and employees working under various government projects.
- The government had amended its previous notification to require 8 years of service before regularizing temporary employees.
- The announcement comes amid a series of welfare measures that were announced aimed at benefiting the people of Sikkim.
- After a referendum, on May 15, 1975, Sikkim became the 22nd state of India through a constitutional amendment by the President of India.
- Sikkim has the smallest population among the states of India and the smallest area after Goa.
- The capital of Sikkim is Gangtok.
History of 10 February: Today in 1952 was the biggest day in the democratic history of the country. Today itself, under the leadership of Pt. Nehru, Congress had obtained majority by winning 249 out of 489 seats in the Lok Sabha. The results of 133 seats were yet to come. These elections were seen as a major success towards the establishment of democracy in India.
- 1763 – Under the Treaty of Paris, France gave Canada to Britain.
- 1763 – Treaty of Paris ends the French-Indian War.
- 1921 – Kashi Vidyapeeth was inaugurated by Gandhiji.
- 1921 – Duke of Connaught laid the foundation of India Gate.
- 1929- J.R.D. Tata became the first Indian to get a pilot's license.
- 1931 – Delhi became the capital of India.
- 1933- Germany's dictator Hitler declared the end of Marxism.
- 1947- Netherlands Radio Union established.
- 1975- Famous Hindi poet Sudama Pandey 'Dhumil' was born.
There is more news…