- hindi news
- Current Affairs, Ranjit Kumar Aggarwal Becomes ICAI Chairman, Financial Times Reports ISB As India's Best Management School
Financial Times (FT) Global MBA Ranking 2024 list released. Regional Academy of Sangeet Natak was inaugurated in Hyderabad. At the same time, the market cap of Reliance Industry has crossed Rs 20 lakh crore.
Let us have a look at such major current affairs of today, which are important for the students preparing for government jobs…
1. PM Modi's UAE visit: On February 13, Prime Minister Narendra Modi left for a two-day UAE tour. He will hold a bilateral meeting with UAE President Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. He will also inaugurate the country's first Hindu temple in the capital Abu Dhabi on 14 February.
Apart from this, he will also address about 65 thousand people of the Indian community living in UAE in the 'Ahlan Modi' (Hello Modi) program.
- PM Modi will leave for Qatar on a one-day visit.
- This is Modi's 7th visit to UAE after becoming Prime Minister in 2014.
- He went to UAE for the first time as PM in August 2015.
- In 2019, the UAE government honored Modi with the country's highest civilian honor 'Order of Zayed'.
- About 35 lakh Indians live in UAE, which is 30% of the total population of the country.
2. South India Cultural Center inaugurated: On February 12, former Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the Regional Academy of Musical Drama in Hyderabad. Padma Shri winners from Telugu state were also honored on this occasion.
This regional academy has been named South India Cultural Centre.
- South India Cultural Center has been constructed in Kala Vedika, Hitech City, Hyderabad.
- It will be developed as a major cultural space, which will promote the development of the state and culture.
- The foundation stone of Bharat Kala Mandap Auditorium was also laid.
- The foundation stone of Bharat Kala Mandap Auditorium was laid on the 100th birth anniversary of late legendary playback singer Ghantasala.
- Ghantasala has sung songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi films.
3. Ranjit Kumar becomes ICAI Chairman: On February 12, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) elected Ranjit Kumar Agarwal as the new president. Ranjeet has been appointed in place of Aniket S Talati.
Ranjit Kumar Aggarwal (left) has become the 72nd President of ICAI.
- Ranjeet Kumar Aggarwal has been a Chartered Accountant for the last 24 years.
- He was serving as the Vice President of ICAI in 2023-24.
- He was elected to the 23rd, 24th and 25th Central Council of ICAI for three consecutive terms.
- He has completed his graduation from Calcutta University.
- Ranjit is also a Director on the Board of the Indian Institute of Insolvency Professionals of ICAI (IIIPI).
RANK & REPORT
4. ISB Best Management School in India: On February 12, the Financial Times (FT) released the list of Global MBA Rankings 2024. In this list, Indian School of Business (ISB) was ranked as the best management school in India.
ISB has been ranked 31st globally in the list, which was 39th last year.
- The second rank in India has been given to Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), which is at number 41 globally.
- At number three is Indian Institute Management Bengaluru (IIMB), which got 41st rank globally.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC) is ranked fourth in India and 41st globally.
- Indian Management Institute Lucknow (IIML) is ranked 5th in India and 85th globally.
- The FT MBA Rankings are recognized for the quality and analysis of management programs worldwide.
5. Market cap of Reliance Industries crosses Rs 20 lakh crore: On February 13, the market cap of the country's largest company Reliance Industry has crossed Rs 20 lakh crore. The company's shares made an all-time high of Rs 2,958 due to which the market cap of the company has increased.
- Reliance is the first company in India to achieve this milestone.
- On January 29, it had reached the figure of Rs 19 lakh crore.
- Earlier, the company had crossed the level of Rs 15 lakh crore in September 2021.
- In 2019, the market cap had crossed Rs 10 lakh crore.
- Reliance Industries is the largest company in the country in terms of market capitalization.
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani is the richest man in India, his total net worth is Rs 9.38 lakh crore.
History of 13th February: World Radio was started on this day in the year 1946. It was started to telecast news around the world and educate people. In 2010, the Spanish Radio Academy accepted the proposal to celebrate 13 February as 'World Radio Day' and 13 February 2012 was celebrated as Radio Day for the first time.
'World Radio Day' is celebrated every year on 13 February.
- In 2003, Bollywood film director and producer Yash Chopra received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
- In 1984, former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had inaugurated the Mazagon Dock in Mumbai for the Navy.
- New Delhi was declared the capital of India in 1931.
- In 1920, the Negro National League of Baseball was established in America.
- In 1880, Thomas Edison confirmed the Edison effect.
- In 1856, the East India Company captured Lucknow and Awadh.
- In 1795, the first state university in America opened in North Carolina.
- The East India Company's first voyage to London in 1601 was led by John Lancaster.
There is more news…