- hindi news
- Current Affairs Rajesh Dhankhar Became The Chief Of The Sunrise Fleet, 800 Earthquakes Occurred In Iceland In 14 Hours.
Rear Admiral Gurcharan Singh (right) handed over the Sword Arm of the Eastern Naval Command to Rear Admiral Rajesh Dhankhar (left).
India has hosted the 33rd summit of WOAH for three days in New Delhi. US Defense Minister Lloyd Austin announced to make Stryker vehicle in collaboration with India. At the same time, 800 earthquakes occurred in Iceland within 14 hours.
Let us have a look at such major current affairs of today, which are important for the students preparing for government jobs…
LAUNCH AND EVENT
1. India hosts 33rd WOAH conference: The 33rd Conference of the World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH) Regional Commission for Asia and the Pacific was launched in New Delhi on 13 November. The objective of this three-day conference is to develop veterinary services in a better way.
Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Dr. Sanjeev Balyan (right) and L Murugan (left) inaugurated the 33rd Conference of the Asia and Pacific Regional Commission of WOAH.
- The 33rd WOAH conference is being held at Hotel Taj Mahal, New Delhi.
- Representatives of 36 member countries including India are participating in this conference.
- WOAH holds a conference every two years in one of the member countries.
- In this, the control of epidemic situations regarding animals in different areas is discussed.
- WOAH was established in the year 1924 in Paris, France.
2. 800 earthquakes in Iceland in 14 hours: According to a November 12 report by the Icelandic Meteorological Office (IMO), 800 earthquakes were felt in Iceland within 14 hours. The intensity of the biggest shock among these was 5.2.
According to the Met Office of Iceland, there have been 24 thousand earthquakes from October to November 12.
- There is also a fear of volcanic eruption due to the activities happening underground in Iceland, meanwhile the National Police Chief has declared an emergency there.
- Iceland has 33 active volcanoes, the most in Europe.
- Iceland sits astride the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, a crack in the ocean floor that is prone to earthquakes.
- Volcanoes are formed due to the collision of 7 tectonic plates and 28 sub-tectonic plates present on the Earth.
- The world’s most active volcano, Mount Etna, is in Italy.
3. India-America will jointly make combat armored vehicles: On November 10, US Defense Minister Lloyd Austin told in New Delhi that India and America will jointly make armored fighting vehicles (Striker). This vehicle is being made to counter the growing military power of China.
With this Stryker vehicle, it will be easier to move on difficult roads, due to which the Indian Army will prepare to counter China.
- Stryker vehicles will be manufactured under the Defense Industrial Cooperation Agreement.
- These vehicles will provide convenience to the troops while moving from one place to another.
- With Stryker vehicles, Indian soldiers will be able to better monitor the Chinese border LAC.
- Anti-tank missiles will be installed in armored vehicles, along with a 30 mm cannon has been added to it.
- These vehicles can also be used for assistance and treatment of the injured during an operation.
- These armored fighting vehicles (Striker) will be manufactured by General Dynamics Land Systems Company.
4. Rajesh Dhankhar takes command of Eastern Naval Fleet: Rear Admiral Rajesh Dhankhar has been appointed the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet (FOCEF) of ‘The Sunrise Fleet’ at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam on 10 November. He has replaced Rear Admiral Gurcharan Singh.
Prior to commanding ‘The Sunrise Fleet’ he was the Commandant at the Naval War College (NWC), Goa and Chairman of the Carrier Acceptance Test Team.
- He has served with distinction on board warships Pondicherry, Godavari, Kora and Mysore during his 33 years of naval career.
- Rajesh Dhankhar was appointed Commanding Officer on INS Gharial, INS Mumbai, INS Vikramaditya and Executive Officer on INS Delhi.
- Rajesh Dhankhar was appointed to the Indian Navy on 01 July 1990.
- ‘The Sunrise Fleet’ is the eastern naval command of the Indian Navy.
- The headquarters of ‘The Sunrise Fleet’ is located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
RANK AND REPORT
5. Retail inflation eases to 4.87% in October: On November 13, the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation released the Consumer Price Tax (CPI) report for October 2023. According to this report, India’s retail inflation rate has fallen to 4.87%.
Retail inflation declined by 4.87% in October due to fall in food prices, reaching a four-month low.
- In September 2023, the inflation rate was at a three-month low of 5.02%.
- The lowest inflation rate was recorded at 4.87% in June 2023.
- The government has given the responsibility to RBI to keep the retail inflation rate at 4%.
History of November 13: On this day in 1971, America’s spacecraft ‘Maria-9’ orbited Mars. After about a month, scientists were able to see clear pictures of Mars.
Marion-9 is the first spacecraft sent from Earth to orbit a planet other than the Moon.
- In the year 2008, ‘Assam Gana Parishad’ joined the National Democratic Alliance.
- In 2007, the Indian film ‘Gandhi My Father’ received the Best Screenplay Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards held in Australia.
- In 1997, the Security Council imposed a travel ban on Iraq.
- In 1975, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Asia free of smallpox.
- Indian film actress Juhi Chawla was born in the year 1968.
- In the year 1945, senior Congress leader and former president of All India Football Federation Priyaranjan Dasmunshi was born.
- The Republic of Austria was formed in the year 1918.
- In the year 1780, the ruler of Punjab, Maharaja Ranjit Singh was born.
There is more news…