29 minutes ago
- Copy link
Rakul Preet Singh had filed a petition in the Delhi High Court last month seeking a stay on the ongoing media trial against him in a drugs angle investigation in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. After which the National Broadcaster Association (NBA) has asked the Delhi High Court for three weeks to give its reply on the same matter.
NBA seeks time to put its side
Rakul’s name came up in the investigation after Riya Chakraborty’s arrest. Rakul Preet Singh was questioned by the Narcotics Control Bureau on 25 September. After which many news were shown in the media on Rakul and Riya’s friendship. The NBA says that they need 21 days time so that they can gather information in this case from 10 news channels. The Delhi High Court has also asked the Broadcast Standards Authority to file a reply on the case within two weeks.
Allegations of harassment on media
Rakul Preet Singh also said in her petition that Riya had named her and Sara Ali Khan when she was on a shoot. The court had issued notices to the Central Government, Prasar Bharati, Press Council of India, National Broadcaster Association and the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Rakul Preet’s lawyer had also said that the media is harming the actress.
Next hearing will be held on December 11
Rakul Preet Singh’s counsel said that the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has not taken any action so far, whereas in the last hearing he was asked to do so. He also said that the Press Council has its own advisory, which is not being followed. Meanwhile, Rakul Preet Singh’s lawyer has also been asked to file an affidavit in the court. The next hearing of the petition will be held on 11 December.