Doctors remove toy bulb from boy’s throat


Doctors at a private hospital removed a toy serial bulb lodged in the bronchus of a nine-year-old boy from Mahbubnagar.

The boy swallowed the serial bulb while playing and struggled to breathe. His parents rushed him to Medicover Hospitals. CT Scan reports showed the foreign body was lodged in right main bronchus extending to the lower bronchus.

Paediatric Rigid Bronchoscopy was performed under general anaesthesia. Interventional pulmonologist at the hospital, A. Raghukanth said a narrow barrel was inserted into the lungs, and a telescope sent through it to get visuals. Thereafter, forceps were inserted to extract the bulb.

The boy was doing fine after the procedure and was discharged.

You have reached your limit for free articles this month.

Subscription Benefits Include

Today’s Paper

Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.

Unlimited Access

Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.

Personalised recommendations

A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.

Dashboard

A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.

Briefing

We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.

Support Quality Journalism.

*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper, crossword and print.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *