One hour ago
- copy link
The first week of 2022 has brought comforting news for Kangana. In fact, Javed Akhtar had filed a petition in a local court in Mumbai requesting the issuance of a non-bailable warrant against actress Kangana Ranaut in the criminal defamation case. Now the court has rejected the demand for issuance of non-bailable warrant against Kangana Ranaut. Javed Akhtar’s lawyer Jai Bhardwaj has told that the next hearing will be held on February 1 at Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate.
Javed’s petition was heard on Tuesday
Javed Akhtar had moved the petition in the court in December last year. It was said on behalf of Akhtar that Kangana was not appearing in the court on the pretext but at the same time she is seen in public programs. The court had directed Kangana’s counsel to file her reply on the application on January 4, the next date of hearing. The actress last appeared before Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate RR Khan on 20 September.
Case transfer application has been rejected
Earlier, a Chief Metropolitan Magistrate had dismissed Ranot’s plea regarding transfer of the criminal defamation case. However, following Javed’s complaint, the Metropolitan Magistrate Court issued a bailable warrant against Kangana. Kangana approached the court after her warrant was canceled on bail and surety.
This is a full case of defamation
Javed Akhtar had filed a private complaint on 2 November 2020 through his lawyer Niranjan Mundargi. In this, he had leveled charges against Kangana under sections 499 (defamation) and section 500 (punishment for defamation) of the IPC. Akhtar had claimed that in the 57-minute interview, Kangana is seen speaking on the circumstances related to Sushant’s death without any evidence or knowledge. Akhtar had claimed that he received many threatening phone calls and messages due to Kangana’s comments on Hrithik Roshan case and being part of the suicide gang. He was also trolled on social media. According to him, his reputation got spoiled because of this comment.