Hobbies can really reduce your stress, and help you to deal with your anxiety and depression not only during Covid-19 but always. Hobbies are the real stress buster and quite fulfilling. There are so many hobby ideas from which you can choose and pick up those you think you can enjoy, or which is related and linked to your areas of interest. There are some hobbies which can give you extra income too, or you can choose them as your business ideas. During this trying time of Covid-19 many people have lost their jobs, many are sitting idle without adequate work. So they can adopt some hobbies and if they find it easy and interesting can start their own businesses. Some of the trending hobbies are given below;
1) Gardening: It is one of the top hobby ideas. Everyday spending 30/40 minutes gardening is good for your health and also good for our environment. You too can grow your own vegetables, fruits, flowers and sitting in the garden spending some time amidst the greenery helps to reduce your stress. From gardening you can make money by selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, can start your small nursery, and sell the plants, seeds etc.
2) Painting: No problem if you are not a painter. But, you can start playing with colors and combine colors to create your own shades. You can paint your ideas on a piece of drawing sheet, or canvas. Painting itself is a therapy, reduces stress, and makes you happy. There are various types of painting you can choose and learn; like oil painting, acrylic painting, water color, pastel, abstract painting etc. You too can learn folk and tribal arts like Warli painting, Madhubani painting, and Patachitra etc. You too can sell your paintings to earn money, or can start your painting classes to teach others.
3) DIY-Crafts: There are few DIY businesses you can start such as; candle making, bath bombs, shop making, aromatic oil and jewellery making, lipstick making, designing and printing T-shirts. Slowly, you can promote your handmade items directly, or through creating online stores.
4) Cooking and International cooking ideas: It is said that cooking relieves stress. You can choose to cook different foods and try new recipes. You start cooking foods from different countries. However, always ensure healthy cooking habits. Along with your love for food you can start your food businesses. You can start catering business, take food making orders for parties and functions which can give you good income, or else you can start an online food business by selling homemade snacks, sweets, chocolates, cookies etc.
5) Fitness, Yoga and Meditation: You can start joining gyms to take fitness training, choose yoga and meditation as your hobby which is good for your health and you too can teach it to others in your community. People are taking much interest in fitness and health. So, you can be a fitness, or yoga instructor.
6) Blogging: Blogging is getting popular among youths. Though many are taking it as a career, you can make it your hobby. Blog on the topics you think you are comfortable with and when you express your thoughts you get relaxed. Many reputed online blogging platforms are hiring bloggers and pay them for their blogs. You too can start your own blogging sites.
7) Photography: Photography is such a creative and beautiful hobby you can select. Clicking some beautiful pictures is just like creating a memory for lifetime. You can learn landscape photography, portrait photography, wedding and event photography, product photography, fashion photography, black and white photography, street photography which are quite interesting and need greater creativity. You can turn your passion into your profession too.
8) Waste management: Nowadays waste management has become a challenge. As a responsible citizen you can contribute your spare time in cleanliness activity and you can make your small team. You and your team can create the best out of waste. You can attend workshops to learn how to produce beautiful things out of waste. You can start your business by sharing your ideas and best practices.
9) Mentoring (Both online and offline modes): If you are good at something, or you have some skills like; dancing, cooking, painting, creative writing, or anything else that you can teach others is really good and helpful. You can start your own classes though both online and offline modes. It is very interesting to create video lessons, or to open YouTube channels to reach more number of learners. It can help you to earn money.
10) Book Club: Reading is a great habit and you can collect books to read and start a book club/library. You can ask your friends and others to be members, you can collect books, and you too can start selling old books.
11) Baking and Cake decorating: Baking is really very relaxing and keeps you stress free. Baking yummy cakes for your family, friends and relatives is really a good idea. Though cake decoration is a bit tricky you can learn it by attending online classes, or from friends who know the art. It can also give you some extra income if you take cake orders for parties, functions and start your cake, or bakery shop.
So, the above mentioned hobbies can keep you happy, stress free; make you smarter as well as richer. I will come with some more hobby ideas in my next blogs.
DISCLAIMER : Views expressed above are the author’s own.