The Asia Cup Super 4 clash between India and Pakistan has been moved to the Reserve Day as the play was called off on Sunday due to persistent rain. The weather forecast was not pleasant for the mega India vs Pakistan clash on Sunday as the ACC announced a reserve day for the match a couple of days back.
Meanwhile, the match began under a sunny sky, with captain Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill hitting 56 and 58 respectively, before falling in quick succession. Virat Kohli and comeback back was rebuilding the innings with their 24-run partnership but the rain started and put the proceedings on hold at 4:53 pm. The umpired had a few inspections when the rain stopped and they were out in the middle for 08:30 PM for another when it started pouring once again. It started with a drizzle but came down heavily in a few minutes as the umpires decided to call off the day’s play.
The contest will now resume on Monday from where it stopped on Sunday.
All You Need to Know About Reserve Day match conditions of India vs Pakistan clash.
- The reserve day was activated because the 20 overs per side game was not possible on Sunday.
- On Monday, the match will resume at 03:00 PM.
- India will resume from 147/2 (24.1 overs) with KL Rahul 17* and Virat Kohli 8* in the middle.
- It will continue as a 50-over-per-side contest.
- If Reserve Day is washed out, India and Pakistan will share a point apiece.
- If the reserve day also gets washed out then qualifying for the final will become a little more challenging for India. Pakistan and Sri Lanka have won their respective opening matches of this round to take two points.
- Sunday’s, Brief scores: India 147/2 in 24.1 overs (Shubman Gill 58, Rohit Sharma 56; Shaheen Shah Afridi 1-37, Shadab Khan 1-45) against Pakistan.
- The Reserve Day also means that India will be playing on three consecutive days, with their next game against Sri Lanka on September 12.
India Playing XI: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj
Pakistan Playing XI: Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Agha Salman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf