Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
The mini auction for the 14th season of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will take place in Chennai on 18 February. A list of 292 players has been released for this. 164 Indians, 128 foreign players have been short-listed for the auction. Of these, 3 players are from the Associate Countries Afghanistan, Nepal and UAE. There are 61 slots including 8 franchises, while they have a total of 196.6 crores in their purse. We are going to tell you about some interesting facts related to this auction list…
- Afghanistan’s left-arm wrist spinner Noor Ahmed is the youngest player in this auction list. He has not played a single match for his country so far. Their base price is 20 lakh rupees. He recently played for the Melbourne Reagents in Australia’s domestic league Big Bash. He took 2 wickets in 6 matches.
- 16-year-old Nagaland leg-spinner Khrevito Kensee is the youngest Indian player in the auction pool. He impressed everyone with his bowling in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Kensey took 7 wickets in 4 matches of the tournament. After this, he was also invited by the Mumbai Indians to his camp for a trial. His base price is also 20 lakh rupees.
- The 42-year-old spinner Nayan Doshi is the oldest player in the auction. He is the son of former India left-arm spinner Dilip Doshi. Nayan currently lives in England. He took 166 wickets in 70 matches in first class cricket, 64 wickets in 74 List A matches and 68 wickets in 52 T20 matches. He has also represented Ranji Team Saurashtra. Their base price is 20 lakh rupees.
- Arjun Tendulkar, son of India’s great cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, was also included in the auction pool. He was recently included in the Mumbai senior team for the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Originally left-arm fast bowler Arjun has played 2 T20s so far. It took 2 wickets from an economy of 9.57. Their base price is 20 lakh rupees.
- Syed Kirmani’s son Sadiq Kirmani was also included in the auction list. He is 31 years old and a wicket-keeper batsman. He has played only 2 List A matches. Had scored 25 runs in an 2nd List A match for Karnataka at an average of 12.50. He played his last List A match in 2015. He also played his last match in T20 in the Karnataka Premier League in 2018, two and a half years ago. Sadiq’s base price is 20 lakh rupees.
- Former India pacer S Sreesanth (38 years) has not been named in the auction pool. Sreesanth, who was returning to cricket after facing a ban of 5 years, kept his base price of Rs 75 lakh. He also recently played the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for Kerala.
- Players from 3 associate countries were also included in the auction pool. These include Ali Khan of USA, Sandeep Lamichhane of Nepal and Karthik Meiyappan of UAE. Ali Khan was included in his team by Kolkata Knight Riders last year. However, he was ruled out of the tournament due to injury. At the same time, Sandeep played for the Delhi Capitals last season.
- India’s Test Specialist Cheteshwar Pujara was also included in the auction list. Their base price is 50 lakh rupees. The Saurashtra batsman last played the IPL in 2014. He has played for Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Australia’s Shaun Marsh, New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson and South Africa’s Morne Morkel are the 17 freshmen shortlisted in the auction. He did not declare himself available for IPL for the last few years.
- Only 2 Indian players were included in the pool of the highest reserve price. However, there are 8 foreign players in this category. Harbhajan Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Glenn Maxwell (Australia), Steve Smith (Australia), Shakib Al Hasan, Moeen Ali (England), Sam Billings (England), Liam Plunkett (England), Jason Roy (England) and Mark Wood (England) ) Are in this base price.