Troubled with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
Kanpur17 minutes ago
- Copy link
Smoke rising from the sandal factory.
- The reason for the fire is being described as a short circuit
- All personnel safely evacuated
A sudden fire broke out on Friday afternoon at Rupani Chappal Factory under the police station Fazalganj in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. The factory manager informed the police and the fire brigade as soon as the factory caught fire. Police and fire brigade employees reached the information and after a lot of effort, the fire in the factory was controlled. But by then the stuff kept inside the factory was burnt to ashes.
Employees ran for life
Laxman Das Rupani, resident of Pandu Nagar under Police station Fazalganj, has a factory to manufacture Rupani slippers under the name Bajrang Bali Industries. Employees were working daily on Friday afternoon. At the same time, some employees were sitting and eating on the second and third floors. Then suddenly the second floor caught fire with a strong explosion. When the food eating staff saw the smoke rising with the sound of the explosion, first tried to extinguish the fire.
But on seeing the fire, it took a gigantic form. The employees ran outside making noise from the factory and informed the manager Anand Shukla, who was sitting outside, about the fire. The manager immediately informed the police and the fire brigade. Police and fire brigade reached the spot as soon as the information was received and started trying to extinguish it. At the same time, CO Fazalganj and SP South also reached. The police managed to control the fire after about two and a half hours, evacuating all the factory workers safely.
The place where this fire took place is a residential area. After the fire, there was a lot of chaos on the spot.
Did the police station say?
Police in-charge Fazalganj Ajay Pratap Singh said that the fire has been controlled by the police and fire brigade teams. There is no loss of life. Initial investigations have revealed that a fire from a short circuit has come to light. The explosion was caused by the short circuit itself.