Man asphyxiated while cleaning well in Alapakkam

A man was asphyxiated in Alapakkam on Wednesday while he was cleaning the well of a house.

The police said Nithya, owner of the house located in Bagyalakashmi Nagar, had hired two workers to clean a 30 foot well in her house. The water was mixed with sewage due to a leak from a sewerage pipeline, which runs along the well. The workers, Ravi, 52, and Kasi, 50, from Maduravoyal, began work early on Wednesday. In the process, they inhaled noxious fumes and fell unconscious, the police said.

Neighbours alerted the personnel of the Tamil Nadu Fire and Rescue Services, and the duo were retrieved from the well. Ravi was found dead while the unconscious Kasi was rushed to a hospital.

Personnel from the Maduravoyal police station registered a case and sent the body to the Government Kilpauk Hospital for a post-mortem examination.

You have reached your limit for free articles this month.

Subscription Benefits Include

Today’s Paper

Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.

Unlimited Access

Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.

Personalised recommendations

A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.


A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.


We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.

Support Quality Journalism.

*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper, crossword and print.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.