MS Dhoni’s due has been settled, says JSCA secretary | Cricket News – Times of India


KOLKATA: The issue of Mahendra Singh Dhoni‘s due of Rs 1800 to his parent organization, the Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA), finally seems to have drawn to a close.
While the former India skipper was levied with the money on account of the GST attached to his life membership of the association, the entire episode came into limelight after the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of JSCA on August 30. However, on Tuesday, association secretary Sanjay Sahay confirmed to TOI that the issue had been settled once and for all.

“The matter has been closed. There is nothing more to add to it. That status existed till March 31. But after that the payment came in so the matter has been closed,” said Sahay. The secretary further added that since the annual report was dated till March 31 owing to the closure of the financial year 2019-20, Dhoni‘s due had persisted till then, but later it had been resolved.
“The audit report is supposed to run till 31st March of every year. So that is how it (Dhoni’s dues) came to light. The payment has already come in and we have accepted that, hence the matter is completely settled,” said Sahay. The secretary, however, did not mention when the association received the amount from the two-time World Cup winning captain and closed down the issue.
Taking a dig at former cricketer and activist Sesh Nath Pathak, who had gone to JSCA’s registered office in Jamshedpur at the Keenan Stadium, along with four others to submit a draft of Rs 1800, Sahay said that such individuals were always on the lookout to defame the association and garner media attention at any cost.
“Some people will do such things. They will do anything to try and get their name on newspapers. This is nothing new. There are certain individuals and groups who do such things in order to look after their own interest,” said Sahay.
While Pathak claimed on Sunday that JSCA officials took the draft but did not issue any receipt, Sahay said nothing of that sort would be issued to the former.
“When we don’t need the money, why should we issue a receipt in the first place? If we take money then it should be due to a cause or aid and in this case what aid should we show? I don’t know whether he has taken back the draft or not but if he doesn’t then we will put it up at the notice board, we are not going to use it,” stated the secretary.
Apparently quite unhappy over the development, he further added: “Who is he to come and give money on Dhoni’s behalf? The draft has not yet been returned but it will be given back. We are not supposed to accept such drafts.”

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.