Nirmithi Kendra to take over war memorial work


The delay in the construction of a war memorial in Mysuru has prompted the district administration to take back the project from the Department of Public Works.

Deputy Commissioner Rohini Sindhuri on Thursday said the project has now been handed over to the Nirmithi Kendra, Mysuru, which will carry forward the construction, following the delay in carrying out the work by the officials of the PWD.

A sum of ₹50 lakh had been released to the project as the first instalment and the PWD has been told to return the funds so that Nirmithi Kendra can take over the construction.

At a meeting here, Ms. Sindhuri told officials to constitute a committee to monitor the progress of the construction and directed the Nirmithi Kendra to complete the work as scheduled.

You have reached your limit for free articles this month.

Subscription Benefits Include

Today’s Paper

Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.

Unlimited Access

Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.

Personalised recommendations

A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.

Dashboard

A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.

Briefing

We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.

Support Quality Journalism.

*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper, crossword and print.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *