Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
Bollywood actor Om Puri has a death anniversary on 6 January. He died today in Mumbai in the year 2017. Ompuri, who was awarded the Versatile Actor and Padma Bhushan, was born on 18 October 1950 in Patiala. Having worked in several Hollywood films with Bollywood, Om’s personal life was quite contrarian.
Om’s childhood was difficult. Om’s wife Nandita has written a book on him ‘Unlikli Hero: Om Puri’. In this book, he made many revelations related to Om Puri’s life. Let’s know some stories related to Om Puri …
The first marriage did not last even a year
Om Puri with wife Nandita.
- Om Puri had two weddings. She first married Annu Kapoor’s sister Seema Kapoor in 1990. Before marriage, the two had known each other for 11 years. Seema had proposed Om. At that time Om was in a relationship with someone else, so he did not limit Seema. Om Puri’s relationship with Seema did not last even a year. Journalist Nandita Puri was entered into Om Puri’s life only a few months after her marriage.
- Om Puri met Nandita during an interview in Kolkata. Despite being married, Om Puri had an affair with Nandita. Angered by this, his wife Seema Kapoor left home. There was also a mischarge of the border. A few months later, she was divorced by Om Puri. Seema had accused Nandita of breaking her house. She married Nandita Puri in 1993 after divorce, leaving him a boy (Ishaan). Nandita had accused Om of domestic violence. The two separated in 2013.
Om Puri was born in Ambala, father used to work in railway
- Nandita has mentioned in her book that Om Puri was born on 18 October 1950 in Ambala, Haryana. Most of his childhood was spent here. Despite his father working in the railways, the family hardly managed to survive. Om Puri’s family lived in the house. He had a railway yard.
- Om was fond of trains, at night he would often go to the railway yard and sleep in any train. This was the time when Om used to think that I would grow up to become a railway driver. During this time, Om’s mother had taken him to his maternal home in Sannaur, Patiala.
This is how Om Puri’s career of 45 years
- Om Puri started his film journey with the Marathi drama film Ghasiram Kotwal. The film ‘Aakrosh’ released in 1980 proved to be the first hit of Om Puri’s career. However Om Puri died at the age of 66 on 6 January 2017 due to a heart attack.