File photo of mining mafia and former MLC Haji Iqbal
The name of mining mafia Haji Iqbal is not hidden from anyone across the country. Haji Iqbal’s troubles are increasing continuously. A case has been registered against 14 including a deputy collector and two retired kanungos under the Gangster Act for conducting illegal mining. It also includes the names of former MLC brothers Haji Iqbal and Mahmood Ali. Police has already sent nine people including Lekhpal to jail. The search is on for all five.
The leases were given by showing transferable land
Some time ago a case was registered in Behat police station regarding fraud of land. In which the non-transferrable land was wrongly shown as transferable land and leased in the name of the villagers. The land was beneficiated by the farmers in the name of former MLC Haji Iqbal. Behat’s former SDM Sheetal Prasad and former registrar Janeshwar Prayad and former revenue inspector Birbal were also made accused. The police arrested some of the accused and sent them to jail.
gang chart of accused prepared
Now the police has prepared a gang chart of the accused. On the complaint of Inspector Behat, a case was registered under the Gangster Act in the police station Behat. In this, former MLC Haji Iqbal has been made gang leader. Whereas, his brother former MLC Mehmood, sons plush, Wajid, Javed, Haji Iqbal’s wife Farida Begum have been made members of the gang. Behat’s former SDM Sheetal Prasad, former registrar Kanungo Janeshwar Prasad, former revenue inspector Birbal and 14 people have been made accused. Former SDM Sheetal Prasad is a resident of Ambedkar Chowk Dhuman Ganj Prayagraj.
Five accused arrested a day ago
A day earlier, police station Behat had arrested five associates of absconding Haji Iqbal, Surendra, Sanjay, Abdul Rehman, Akhlaq and Birbal. Cases have been registered against the five accused under serious sections in the police station Behat. The police was searching for the accused for several months.
Action taken on Haji’s family so far
- On 13 May 2022, the police station Behat police and surveillance team arrested Haji Iqbal’s son Alishan from Lajpat Nagar, Delhi.
- On 26 May 2022, second history sheeter son Javed was arrested.
- On June 5, the police arrested Haji Iqbal’s third son, Afzal.
- On July 4, the district administration had bulldozed Haji Iqbal and his brother Mahmud Ali’s three kothis located in New Bhagat Singh Colony. The police had also seized 1500 bighas of land owned by Haji Iqbal two months ago.
- On July 12, a bulldozer was run on the land and farm house of Sunny Nagpal, a member of the Haji Iqbal gang.
- On July 17, former MLC Mahmood Ali was arrested from a rented flat in Nairul, Navi Mumbai.
These are the famous cases of Haji Iqbal
- On March 14, 2018, a report was filed against Haji Iqbal and his sons and brother for the possession of 7.5 bighas of land by the Pallas of Fatehpur Tanda.
- On 5 April 2018, a case was registered against Haji Iqbal, his brother and son Javed Ali for forcibly on the charge of grabbing 44 bighas of land belonging to Rakesh Arora of Ranipur, Haridwar, Uttarakhand (land adjacent to the university).
- On April 5, 2017, a case was registered under sections 196/17, 420,406, 506 of Mohd Rashid of Sahaspur, Uttarakhand for threatening to kill and cheating on demand of Rs 49 lakh 88 thousand. In which a case was registered against Haji Iqbal, brother Mahmud Ali and their sons.
- On November 2, 2017, a case was registered against Haji Iqbal, brother Mehmood Ali by Halka Lekhpal Pankaj of Tehsil Behat for grabbing government land.
- On 23 July 2018, action was taken under the Gangster Act against former MLC Haji Iqbal and his two sons Javed and Alishan besides brother Mehmood Ali on the basis of land grabbing allegations. Due to which Javed was sent to jail.
- On July 6, 2019, Kiran Manchanda, wife of Sunil Manchanda of Gurugram, Haryana, had filed a case against Wahid, Ravindra, Haji Mohammad Iqbal and four unknown persons on charges of hostage-taking, robbery, abusing.
- On July 7, 2019 itself, a case was registered against Haji Iqbal, sons Wajid, Javed, Alishan for fraudulently getting the land deed and threatening to kill them for grabbing land by Savita wife Meghraj of Shafipur village of Behat tehsil. was done.
There is more news…