Fed up with Ads? Install Dainik Bhaskar app for news without ads
14 minutes ago
- Copy link
The Bombay High Court on Monday refused to quash the FIR against Priyanka Singh, sister of Sushant Singh Rajput. However, the court ordered the cancellation of the FIR lodged against the late actor’s second sister Mitu Singh. On not canceling the FIR lodged against Priyanka, Sushant’s family lawyer has said that now we will challenge the Bombay High Court order in the Supreme Court.
Will go to Supreme Court for Priyanka
Madhav Thorat told Pinkvilla, “After reading the Bombay High Court order we will decide on which footing we should move and how soon we should knock the door of the Supreme Court. But, we will definitely go to the Supreme Court for Priyanka . “
Riya’s tears and truth prevail
Riya Chakraborty’s lawyer Satish Manashinde has welcomed the High Court’s decision. He called it the victory of Riya Chakraborty’s tears. Manashinde said, “Justices Shinde and Justice Karnik of the Bombay High Court have dismissed the petition filed by Priyanka Singh seeking cancellation of the FIR lodged against them by Riya Chakraborty under the forgery and NDPS Act. We are satisfied with the verdict. It seems that Riya Chakraborty’s tears for justice and truth have won. Satyamev Jayate. “
Riya filed a case against three people
Riya Chakraborty filed a case against Dr. Tarun Kumar of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Priyanka and Mitu, two sisters of Sushant, at Bandra Police Station in Mumbai. The three were charged with giving drugs for Sushant by forging a fake medical prescription. The case was challenged by the Sisters of Sushant in the Bombay High Court in November 2020. He claimed in the application filed through Avikil Madhav Thorat that the doctor had prescribed medicines for Sushant. They have not committed any crime.
Sushant died last year
Sushant Singh Rajput’s body was found hanging from a fan in his house in Bandra, Mumbai on 14 June 2020. During the investigation, Mumbai police had said that they were victims of depression and committed suicide. However, the dispute continued over the entire case for several months. 15 days after his death, Sushant’s father Krishna Kumar Singh had filed an FIR in Patna, accusing Riya Chakraborty of abetting his son to suicide and rigging Rs 15 crore from his bank account. After the Bihar government’s plea, the Supreme Court handed over the investigation of the case to the CBI, which has not yet reached any conclusion.