Skip to content

T20 World Cup is Rahul Dravid’s last tournament as a coach: He said- Every match of India is important for me as a coach; He took charge in 2021

T20 World Cup is Rahul Dravid’s last tournament as a coach: He said- Every match of India is important for me as a coach; He took charge in 2021

Sports Desk11 minutes ago

• copy link

Under the coach of Rahul Dravid, the Indian team reached the final of the ODI World Cup 2023.

Team India’s head coach Rahul Dravid confirmed on Monday that the T20 World Cup will be his last tournament as head coach. He did not re-apply for this post. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had invited applications for this last month.

Speaking to the media on Monday, Dravid said, “I have enjoyed every moment of my tenure as head coach. As a coach, every match of India has been important for me. The World Cup is no different. This is my last tournament as a head coach.” The last date to apply for the coach’s post was May 27.

Dravid became the head coach in 2021
BCCI appointed Rahul Dravid as the head coach of India in November 2021. Then Team India was eliminated from the group stage of the T20 World Cup. The team reached the semi-finals in the 2022 T20 World Cup. Dravid’s tenure ended after the ODI World Cup in 2023, but due to Team India reaching the final, his tenure was extended till the T20 World Cup.

Team India’s only success under Dravid’s coaching came in the form of the Asia Cup in 2023. India won the title by defeating host Sri Lanka. His tenure will end after the T20 World Cup to be held in the USA and West Indies.

Under the coaching of Dravid, Team India became the champion of Asia Cup 2023.

Under the coaching of Dravid, Team India became the champion of Asia Cup 2023.

The tenure of the new coach will last till 2027
The new head coach will be selected during the T20 World Cup. His tenure will start from 1 July 2024 and will last till 31 December 2027. During this time, Team India has to play 5 ICC tournaments. These include the Champions Trophy, T20 World Cup and ODI World Cup along with 2 cycles of the World Test Championship.

Gambhir is almost certain to become the head coach of Team India
It is almost certain that former Team India cricketer and Kolkata Knight Riders mentor Gautam Gambhir will become the head coach of the Indian team. While talking to Cricbuzz, the owner of an IPL franchise had said that Gambhir’s appointment as coach is almost certain and it will be announced soon.

According to Cricbuzz’s report, Shahrukh Khan has also been informed about this. According to BCCI rules, if Gambhir becomes the head coach of the team, he will have to leave the mentorship of KKR.

There is more news…

Source link

Discover more from Divya Bharat 🇮🇳

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.