The District Magistrate of Varanasi said – On Akshaya Tritiya, marriage of minors could not happen in any case. Varanasi District Magistrate said – marriage of minors could not happen on Akshaya Tritiya under any circumstances

Varanasi15 minutes ago

  • copy link

symbolic photo.

A task force has been formed in Varanasi on the instructions of District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma to stop child marriage on Akshaya Tritiya. District Magistrate Kaushal Raj Sharma has directed all the Deputy District Magistrates, Nodal Officers of Special Juvenile Police Unit (Commissionerate/Rural), all Block Development Officers, District Panchayat Raj Officer and District Program Officer in this regard to do so at their level. Take necessary steps.

Take immediate action with the help of task force constituted to stop child marriage at district level. Along with this, it has been said that all the police station heads, accountants, village development officers, village heads and Anganwadi workers should be alert about this from their level. If child marriage is taking place or is likely to happen, then stop it at all costs.

Those who cooperate will also be accused

Deputy Director, Women Welfare / District Probation Officer Officer Praveen Kumar Tripathi said that implementation has been started on the instructions of the District Magistrate. He said that awareness programs are being run in this regard. People are being requested that if there is any case of child marriage in their notice, then bring it to the notice immediately so that action can be taken. Praveen Kumar Tripathi said that child marriage is a crime, cooperating or participating in it also comes under the category of crime.

People from the bride or groom’s side doing child marriage will be considered guilty in this. The bride and groom involved in the marriage, even the tents, electricians and confectioners will also come under the scanner for cooperating. Therefore, it becomes the responsibility of everyone to inform about possible child marriages.

Give information about child marriage on these numbers

Child Protection Officer Nirupama Singh told that if any case of child marriage or possibility of child marriage comes to your notice, then you can give it on 1098, 112 or 181. As soon as the information is received, immediate action will be taken. Apart from this, by giving information to Child Welfare Committee, One Stop Center, Women and Child Welfare Department, help can be given to stop child marriage.

There is more news…


Source link

%d bloggers like this: