Wrestler and WFI Controversy: It’s been 5 days since the formation of the inquiry committee, no one knows what is going on; player raised questions
- Hindi news
- It Has Been 5 Days Since The Formation Of The Inquiry Committee, No One Knows What Is Going On; Player Raised Questions
Panipat7 minutes ago
- copy link
It has been 5 days since the committee set up to investigate the allegations of sexual harassment leveled against Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh. But is the investigation going on? No one knows this. The great thing is that since the formation of the committee, the investigation members including the players have distanced themselves from the media.
Meanwhile, the wrestlers who made the allegations have also raised questions on the formation of the committee. Wrestler Geeta Phogat has also tweeted to the PM that if the daughters do not get justice then it will be the biggest misfortune of the country.
Tweet of Bajrang and Vinesh – Medals belong to the country, if there is harassment then players belong to Haryana
Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat have tweeted after Thursday evening. In which he has shared a video. It has been said in the video that when the medal bearers bring the medal, they become of the whole of India. When they are oppressed, it becomes a Haryana-Uttar Pradesh issue.
Shouldn’t it be a matter of country? The work of distributing it is also being done. The work of distribution is being done in the name of caste. What a game is being played. A trend is being run that if there is no Brij Bhushan, then there is no BJP. What does it mean that if there is no Brijbhushan then BJP will end.
This tweet of Bajrang is also in headlines
The girls who rose above the society, increased the honor of the country. Today some of those people raised questions. Some wrestler started crying because of this fear. The fear is that because of that Bahubali, the medals of our players have faded today.
Sports Ministry formed an oversight committee headed by Mary Kom
Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur held a meeting with the wrestlers protesting against the WFI president on January 20 at his official residence in New Delhi. After this meeting which lasted till late night, Anurag Thakur came in front of the media along with the wrestlers and said that the Sports Ministry will form a committee to investigate the entire controversy, which will submit its report in 4 weeks. Brij Bhushan Singh will not look after the work of WFI till the completion of the investigation of the committee.
On the third day of this press conference, on January 23, Anurag Thakur announced the names of its members while informing about the formation of a five-member Oversight Committee. The committee was headed by world champion boxer Mary Kom while its members include Olympic medalist wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, Dronacharya awardee Trupti Murgunde, TOPS CEO Rajagopalan and Radha Sriman.
Anurag Thakur said that this committee will look after the work of WFI. Now the wrestlers have raised questions on the absence of any discussion regarding the formation of this oversight committee of the Sports Ministry.
What happened so far in the WFI-Wrestlers dispute, read in 6 points…
1. On January 18, wrestlers started a sit-in at Delhi Jantar Mantar. In which Vinesh Phogat wept and alleged that Federation President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh and the coach sexually harass women wrestlers in the National Camp. Some coaches have been sexually harassing for years. Brijbhushan used to stay in the players’ hotel. which is against the rules.
He even used to keep his room on the same floor where the female wrestlers stay. He deliberately kept his room open. After the defeat in Tokyo Olympics, the WFI president called me a fake coin. mentally tortured. I used to think about killing myself every day.
2. Sangh President Brij Bhushan came forward only on 18th January. He said issues come to the fore when new rules are brought in. The wrestlers sitting on strike have not participated in any national tournament after the Olympics. He said that there was no harassment of any kind. If it has happened, I will hang myself.
Describing the dharna as sponsored, he told Haryana Congress Rajya Sabha MP Deepender Hooda behind it. He had said that now these players are not eligible to play even at the national level. Also, they want to establish their supremacy over wrestling. That’s why it’s all done.
3. On January 19, Sports Minister Anurag Thakur held a meeting. He talked to the players for about four and a half hours and asked them to wait for the reply of the President of the Wrestling Federation. Various assurances were given to the wrestlers. But the wrestlers were not satisfied with the talks. During that time he demanded that the WFI President be removed. After this, he talked about disbanding the wrestling association.
4. On January 20, after talking to the Sports Minister, the players again started a sit-in at Jantar Mantar. Now players from all over Haryana started arriving here in support of the players. Even the Khaps of Haryana extended their support to the dharna. 7 Khaps from Charkhi Dadri marched to Delhi in support. Gradually the crowd started increasing at the protest site. From here the agitating players announced that they will not join any camp till justice is served. Nor will they participate in any competition. Now they will fight for the rights of sports and players.
5. On January 21, the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) formed an inquiry committee to see the growing agitation. Whose chairman PT Usha made Mary Kom the chairman of the committee. Instructions were given to investigate by forming a committee of 7 members. The committee includes boxer Mary Kom, archer Dola Banerjee, badminton player Alaknanda Ashok, freestyle wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, Indian Weightlifting Federation President Sahdev Yadav and two lawyers.
6. Anurag Thakur held a meeting again on 21 January. In the late night meeting that lasted for 7 hours, the Sports Ministry decided to form an oversight committee. This committee will look after the work of the wrestling association till the investigation is completed. The committee will also investigate the allegations. Olympic medalist boxer MC Mary Kom has been made the chairman of this five-member committee. Giving information about this, Thakur said that the committee will submit its report within 4 weeks. After these assurances, the wrestlers called off the strike.